Translate

Friday, November 1, 2013

October Wrap-Up

So this is my first ever wrap up/TBR entry. I like to set goals for myself, and I thought this would be a fun challenge for me! I'm gonna try to do these at the end/beginning of every month. So let's get this party started!~

First off, I wanted to say that I am NOT a fast reader. At all. I'm a bit dyslexic so it does take me a bit of time to get through some things. Also I'm a 5th year in college...so I don't really have much time for pleasure reading. But I do what I can!

So I made it through 4 books in the month of October. That is a lot of books for me! I'm so proud of myself!


The first book I read was The Mark of Athena by Rick Riordan. I flew through this monster book. I absolutely LOVE this author and how he mixes action and comedy and sadness so well! He makes you wanna cry or bite your nails and then makes you burst out laughing at his witty characters. Genius. So many feels in this book. What a cliff hanger. I shan't go into detail, but I, supposedly, have House of Hades (book 4) waiting for me at home (as a birthday present) but I can't get it until Thanksgiving....bullocks.....*sigh* Needless to say I will be reading House of Hades in December. (5 stars)


Antigoddess by Kendare Blake.  After being on a HUGE Greek mythology kick, I needed another high dose of Greeks...So I pulled this out! I had heard it was pretty gory (which it was) so I thought it was also appropriate for Halloween! This book...Oh my gosh. This book. I loved it soooooooooooo hard! It made me friggen cry (I was also severely sleep deprived, so that may have been a reason I cried...but I'm going to say it was the book)! This book is full of action, gore, feels, and sarcasm. All of my favorite things. I am soooooooo super hella stoked for the second book (which comes out NEXT December...a whole year I have to wait....Y^Y). I also want to read more of Kendare Blake's books. I hear Anna Dressed in Blood is really good too. (5 Stars)


Divergent by Veronica Roth.  This was actually the last book I read in October. I read it in 2 days (which is really fast for me). I know I'm one of the last people in existence to read this book....But wow my gosh I totally get why it's so popular! It's bloody brilliant!! I finished it, and then I had no idea what to do with myself. I had a 3 day reading slump because I was just too stunned to function. The action was great, the characters were great (Tris and Four!! <3) and I LOVE that it takes place in dystopian Chicago!! I live near Chicago, so it's really nice to be able to recognize the landmarks Tris is mentioning. I feel like nobody ever writes about Chicago..or the Midwest. It's always a coast or the South. ^^'' Anywho. I digress. I loved this book to death and I'm curious about the movie..I saw the trailer, and I'm not going to lie....I'm kinda nervous about it...We'll see what happens. (5 Stars)


Uglies- I hauled this book not too long ago and I was soooooooooo super excited to have found it for 89 cents at Goodwill. It's an odd copy of Uglies (and they spelled Scott Westerfeld's name wrong on the spine..They put Westerfield. Haha), it's super beat up, and someone has written "yo" on the top of it, but all the pages are there! Haha! I enjoyed this book. I thought the writing was a bit childish for a young adult book. Also I had a hard time getting into the story because I couldn't connect with the characters. I thought Tally was a sheep and Shay was an unconvincing rebel. But I grew to like Tally and the action parts were pretty entertaining (no pun intended...ish. XD). I'm curious to see where it's going to go. I just ordered Pretties today off of Amazon.com for 79 cents, so that's cool. (4 1/2 stars)


Well that's everything! I just ordered 4 more books off of Amazon.com (one was 79 cents the other three were 1 cent! What a bargain!!!). Maybe one of those will be in my November wrap-up!~ I am very excited for this month and I can't wait to cross some of these books off of my TBR list!

My Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-moriah

No comments:

Post a Comment