Translate

Monday, June 19, 2017

2017 Bookish Resolutions --The Better Late Than Never Edition--



So, we are currently half way through 2017 (wow....already?!) and I am now deciding that it's time for me to do a bookish resolution....Like they say, "Better late than never!" right?

I'm going to be trying a few goals that I know, for me personally, are achievable (especially with the amount of time I have left in 2017). They may seem silly or stupidly easy for some of you, but it's not about you. Sorry. 😅😅

 So let's get this party started!!

First of all, let's start off with something super easy. Manga goals. I have been super into manga again this year and I've been taking them out from the library like mad. They know who I am the second I walk in the door. VIP library stats for the win. 



I'm currently 10 volumes into Inuyasha by Rumiko Takahashi. Ever since I started reading manga and watching anime, this...this has been a constant. It's so nostalgic for me, it hurts. Being such a huge fan of it, I've never finished the manga or the anime. Until now. This year I'm planning on reading the entire series (Yes, all 58 of them). I currently have volumes 11 and 12 out (I'll probably read them after I'm done posting) and plan on taking two volumes out every couple of days or once a week depending on my reading mood...don't want to burn myself out, ya feel me? 


 I am also currently 10 volumes deep into Rin-ne, by the same author.  I didn't even know she had done this series until last summer. What kind of Rumiko Takahashi fan am I?! Apparently a bad one.  So I plan on finishing this series (24 volumes) by the end of this year as well. I have been reading it along with Inuyasha. It's a sweet deal. Rin-ne isn't nearly as deep as Inuyasha, as I believe it's for a younger audience, and it also repeats itself constantly (probably because it was a Shonen Sunday). Still, it's a really cute manga and I would recommend it.


I also have a few other series that I'm almost finished with that I want to get done this year (Kitchen Princess, Assassination Classroom...and a few others I can't remember at the moment...XD)


Now for the novels. This is the real challenge for me. I have been in the worst reading slump which has been going on since last year. This is going to be a struggle for me, but I'm going to try my hardest to get some of these finished!


 First I am 425 pages into A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. I started reading this when I was in Japan (January-April, 2017). I would just like to finish it. That's all. Just before the end of this year. ^^''


I would like to finish the A Court of Thorns and Roses trilogy by Sarah J. Maas. I am behind and I'm trying desperately to avoid spoilers and such. I really want to read the second book...but with my lack of reading drive, I just haven't.


I would also like to make some progress with Elantris by Brandon Sanderson...but it's not a priority. It's kind of slow going, so I don't know if I'll be up to it. 

Lastly I want to try and make TBRs every month. At least on here. I really want to try and set a monthly goal of some sort. At least one novel a month...even if it's just middle grade.


And that's it! Nothing too exciting....but yeah! That's all I have to say.......Haha! I know this is late and people are doing mid year "How I'm doing" updates...but meh. Whatever!

Until next time! Tootles!

No comments:

Post a Comment