Translate

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Quick Cram-a-Thon Wrap Up 2017


Hey everyone! I'm here with a (hopefully) super quick wrap up of the 2017 Cram-A-Thon! This read-a-thon was hosted by: HardbackHoarder, Julia Sapphire, Dylanthereader5 and the Awkward Bookworm (all of their channels will be linked below).

It was announced that from December 26th until January 2nd, you were to read seven of your shortest books and to complete seven challenges. Bre, my Youtube partner, and I decided that we were going to try and participate. Bre had never participated in a read-a-thon, and though I had before, this was my first time participating with another person and with a twitter. Bre killed the read-a-thon and I did alright. I also found out that I'm not very good with twitter........but I'm learning. Haha! Enough about that...Let's get into the challenges and the books I read!



The first challenge was to read a book with less than 200 pages. For this challenge I decided to read the 9th volume of Yu Yu Hakusho by Yoshihiro Togashi. 





Challenge the second was to read a book with LGBTQIA+ rep in it. I didn't really have a short book that fit this challenge, but Bre mentioned that No. 6 by Atsuko Asano and Hinoki Kino fit, so naturally I picked it! She had lent me the 3rd volume, so I needed to get to it anyway.


The third challenge was to read the shortest book on your TBR (To Be Read) pile. I had taken Yu Yu Hakusho volume 10 out from the library (along with the 9th one), so it was something I needed to get to. Plus this is my favorite manga/anime series, so I wasn't mad about having to read it.


Challenge 4 was to read a book with your favorite color on the cover. I have no pink books and I wasn't interested in any of my yellow books, so I went for The Prisoner of Azkaban...by JK Rowling, which is my favorite of the Harry Potter series and has a beautiful purple and green cover.



Challenge the 5th was to read a book that was gifted to you. I very rarely get books as gifts, but for Christmas my sister gifted me The Wonderling by Mira Bartok. She said she saw it and thought of me. I was super touched and was super excited to pick it up.





Challenge the 6th was to read one of the host's favorite short books. I don't know what they all chose...and to be honest, I'm too lazy too look it up...but I was watching HardbackHoarder's video and saw that one of the host's favorite books was George by Alex Gino, and since it was a book I had been meaning to read for a long time, I chose that and borrowed it from my library!




And last but not least, challenge 7 was to read seven books. I was about half way through Warbreaker by Brandon Sanderson (I was on page 356 at the time of the read-a-thon). My goal was to have it read by the end of the year, so this was a good push to get it finished.


So, how did I go?

I only finished 4 books...2 manga and 2 novels...eh....


But honestly, for the week I was having...it wasn't too bad.
I read all of Prisoner of Azkaban, George, and Yu Yu Hakusho volumes 9 and 10. I also made it through 111 pages of the Wonderling and worked on a bit more of Warbreaker. I didn't finish it, but I'm just glad I made progress. I had absolutely no interest in picking up No. 6, though I did end up reading it after the read-a-thon was over. I'm not going to go into my thoughts on the books I read, as I mentioned them all in my December wrap up on our Youtube channel (which I will link). 

So that's that! I know it has been a while since the cram-a-thon ended, but I felt like it was incomplete without an official wrap up! A lot of stuff happened that week and I wish I could have gotten more read, but I'm glad I was able to accomplish what I did!

I have a few "New Years" stuff planned for this blog, so stay tuned for that!
See you next time!
~Momo

Channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCk5eRrShYL-HK0Gzg2qp4zQ
Goodreads page: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-supermomochan-peachyfishybooks 

Cram-a-thon host channels:
Julia Sapphire: https://www.youtube.com/user/JewlSapphire
HardbackHoarder: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjGKbwm-ZXBedvkOI1uAjA
dylanthereader5: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxpHOP-SCTA0bQ7GZ3fLI0Q/featured
The Awkward Bookworm: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCferU-BCL2dlFjWdD0rS75Q

No comments:

Post a Comment