Translate

Wednesday, May 7, 2014

A Spell for Chameleon--A Review


Xanth was the enchanted land where magic ruled--where every citizen had a special spell only he could cast. It was a land of centaurs and dragons and basilisks.

For Bink of North Village, however, Xanth was no fairy tale. He alone had no magic. And unless he got some--and got some fast!-- he would be exiled. Forever!

But the Good Magician Humfrey was convinced that Bink did indeed have magic. In fact, both Beauregard teh genie adn the magic wall chart insisted that Bink had magic. Magic as powerful as any possessed by the King or by Good Magician Humfrey--or even by the Evil Magician Trent. 

Be taht as it may, no one could fathom the nature of Bink's very special magic. Bink was in despair. This was even worse than having no magic at all...and he would still be exiled!


*4/5 Stars*

My ex boyfriend had been telling me about this series for a year and he finally lent me his copy! But he was on my case the whole time I had it, so I read it to shut his face up. XD I'm glad I did though!

At first, I had a bit of trouble getting into this book. The writing style was not really something I had expected, there was a lot of describing of things and I felt like things just kind of happened. There also wasn't much of a conflict. Bink is looking for his magic, saw a magician, some stuff happens, and everything just seemed to fall into place.

This book is heavy on magical theory, so if you don't like philosophy, you probably won't like this book. I, on the other hand, being fascinated by magic, really appreciate it. I also enjoyed the characters. They aren't necessarily deep, but they are interesting. My favorite character is probably Chameleon. She has very interesting magic and is a pretty complex character. The ending of this book was super sweet as well! I wasn't expecting that at all!! I literally went, "Awwwwwww!!!" That in itself was worth it. ^^ 

This is a 40 (possibly 40+) series of companion novels, so it is a bit of a commitment, but I think I will try and see if I can read them all!~ My friend says the second one is his favorite, so I'm looking forward to starting that one, possibly next month!! Until next time!! BYIE!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment