Translate

Thursday, July 3, 2014

June Wrap up (2014)

June was an awesome month for reading!! I read a lot of children's books, but I also read a lot of really good YA books too! In total I read 7 books!! Wow!!



Black Star, Bright Dawn by Scott O'Dell: I read this book a LONG time ago and loved it. I love anything that has to do with Alaska, Huskies and the Iditarod. This book had all three things~ After rereading it, a lot of it felt random, and there are a couple of conflicts that come up that I didn't even know were problems...but for a children's book, it's ok. ^^


Going Bovine by Libba Bray: One of my favorites this month...still thinking about it and it makes me randomly sad....I didn't know this book was going to give me such strong feels! I had to fight back tears because I was in public!!! >___< But when I wasn't trying not to cry, this book was hilarious!! Cameron, Gonzo and Balder are hilarious, the situations they get into are hilarious, and Libba Bray is a brilliant author. I bet she is a hoot to hang out with. XD This book has a VERY strong message in it and I think people really do need to read it. So....READ IT!!!


Moriah's Pond by Ethel Footman Smothers: This is another reread for me as well. My mom got it for me because it has my name on it, but I was really young when I read it and I didn't really remember what it was about. It wasn't as wonderful as I remembered, but I did still enjoy it. This was the first book I ever read that wasn't written by a white dead guy and it was the first book I had ever read that was written in a dialect.


Mr. Popper's Penguins: Uh, this book....I think I read it at least 10 times when I was younger. I love penguins and this book was hilarious when I was little and it made me really want a pet penguin. I wanted to read this again because I was vague about what happened (I guess that is the theme of this month: Vague details about childhood books XD). People in this book accept things way too easily! \>__</ But I still found myself laughing out loud at penguin shenanigans. XD



Island of the Blue Dolphin by Scott O'Dell: Another foggy childhood reread. This book is depressing!!! I had no idea!!!! Still mostly enjoyed it, but holy hell! I had to read an upbeat book after reading this one (I picked up the penguin book for a good chuckle). Yikes.


Wonder by RJ Palacio: My favorite book of this month! I cried, but happy good feeling tears. I haven't had those kind of tears in a long time! It felt good. ^^ I think everyone should read this book. It's so sweet and real. For more on my thoughts, read my review!~



Wake by Lisa McMann: This is actually the first book I got this month and it wasn't what I expected at all...but it was pretty good. ^^ But for more on that, I have a review on it. ^^

That's is everything I read this month! Until next time!! Bye!!



No comments:

Post a Comment