Translate

Friday, August 1, 2014

July Book Haul 2014

Well, it is the first of August, so I guess I should probably post my July book haul. Haha! I was kind of bad in the month of July...but these are either books that I needed for a series or books in a series I wanted to read, so I don't feel too bad.


The Spiderwick Chronicles Bk 2-The Seeing Stone by Holly Black and Tony DiTerlizzi: I had finished the first book a week or so before I got this. I really loved the first book, and I wanted to get the second one as soon as I could....I found this at Half Price Books. I wanted to get the whole series, but the third book was missing...so instead of getting them all minus the third, I just bought the second one....sooooooooooooooooooooooooo mad at myself!!!! >_____<


Deltora Quest - The Forests of Silence by Emily Rodda: I had heard about this series for a year now thanks to April Brooks's channel on Youtube and I have been looking for it ever sense. I couldn't find them ANYWHERE!!! I really wanted the awesome hardcover bind up, but it was too expensive online. Then, at Goodwill, I found the entire series and the both of the spin off series! I was so stoked! >w< (8 Books, the rest are not pictured)


Dragon on a Pedestal by Piers Anthony: After having read the first book in the Xanth Series, I have been slowly collecting the rest of the 40+ book series whenever I find them. I have only ever been able to find them online or at Half Price Books. BUT this time, I found this gem at Goodwill! It is a bit musty (I didn't know this until I got it home and inspected it further), so I am going to try and air it out...if that doesn't work, well, I'm not going to be happy.



 Isle of View by Piers Anthony: This is another book in the Xanth Series that I found at Goodwill! This one is not musty (thank goodness) and I just love the title. XD If you didn't know, this series is a fantasy series that is jam packed full of puns. XD


Castle Roogna by Piers Anthony: This is the third book in the series which I picked up at Half Price books for $1.25. ^^v


 Ready Player One by Ernest Cline: I have officially joined my first book club!! I have joined Little Book Club put on by the Little Book Owl's Cat! This is the August pick, so I had to get it! Plus I have been wanting to read this book for quite some time, so what better reason to buy it than book club. ^^v I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for this book!! 




The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss: No, I haven't read the first book yet, but when I saw this pristine, hardcover copy of the second book in the Kingkiller Chronicles, I had to get it. I have heard so many amazing things about this series from both Catriona and Raeleen's channel , so there is no doubt in my mind that I will love this series.



Persuasion by Jane Austin: I LOVE Jane Austin books, and I think I now own all of her books....if not most? I actually really like the Barnes and Noble Classics books. They seem so, classy. XD



Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor: Again, no, I have not read the first book in the series...but you can see why I bought this (shifty eyes at the price tag). The sticker won't come off though....-____- Damn stickers....


The Diviners by Libba Bray: 

Dear Libba Bray, I keep buying your books even though I know they are probably going to break my heart...Even your most innocent books make me cry. I hate you. I'm kidding...Keep on writing! I do hate you though. -Moriah

I love Libba Bray...I just had to rant a little bit. XP I read the Gemma Doyle trilogy and cried. Read Going Bovine, cried. I swear...if I cry....>___< I hope it's creepy though. Her creepy stuff is good!~



Well, that's all for my haul!~ I have already read a decent chunk of these books and loved them!! I will talk a bit more about them in my wrap up!! Which is coming up next!!!~ Until then!~ <3 XXXX 

April Brooks's channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwsaI0SG82I59jibp1eO-qg
Catriona's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBookOwl 
Raeleen's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/padfootandprongs07 
Little Book Club's Goodreads Page: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/136419-little-book-club

No comments:

Post a Comment