Translate

Monday, August 31, 2015

Books I Got From Japan!


I'm back!!! I just got back from Japan on August 28th and boy am I happy to be home! It has been a long two months, and I am so glad to not have to drag my life with me around Japan anymore!! Woooooo!!!

So, needless to say, I ended up picking up a bunch of manga, books and magazines...as you do. XD Let's just get into it (most of these were bought at Book-Off (like a super cheaper version of Half Price Books)).




 Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Part 1 and 2: J K Rowling

It is my goal in life to collect all of the Harry Potter books in as many languages as possible.  The Japanese versions are split into parts...I don't know why....so here is part one and two of the first book.

I also picked up the first part of book three (which is my favorite), thinking that it would be the only one I would by. But then I decided I wanted the whole series. I didn't end up picking up the second book or part two of the third book....but that's just another reason to go back to Japan and get the other ones. XD


暗殺教室 (Ansatsu Kyoushitsu) (Assassination Classroom) by Yuusei Matsui

One of my campers really loves this series, so I thought I would try it out! I don't really know much about this series, but that's ok! I love going into series without knowing too much. ^^ I really miss this camper..she was awesome! So whenever I look at this series, I will always think of her! 



幽遊白書 (Yuu Yuu Hakusho) by Yoshihiro Togashi


Little known fact about me: This is my favorite Anime/Manga.....Ever. I LOVE this series so much! I don't know why I don't own any of it....but I love it so much. Now that I have started reading this again, I really want to pick up this series. 




One Piece by Eiichiro Oda

 I had started reading this series 10 years ago, but I never really continued reading this...I don't know why because I really enjoyed what I was reading...but whatever. I picked up the first one with the intention of picking up the rest of the series eventually. 


天使1/2方程式 (tenshi 1/2 houteishiki) (Angel 1/2 Equasion) by Banri Hidaka

 So, I don't usually shop in the shoujo section, but when I do, I shop for Banri Hidaka books! I love this artist sooooooooooooooooooooooo much! I love her characters and stories and everything! I don't know much...or anything....about this series, but I know it's about a girl with chapped lips...XD I know it will be good because of who it's written by. XD



The Spiderwick Chronicles by Holly Black (book 1)

I just finished this series this year and when I saw this book, I squee'd and picked it up! I knew this would be at a younger reading level too, so I thought it would be a good book to practice reading kanji.



魔女の宅急便 (Majyo no takkiyuubin) (Kiki's Delivery Service)

My first ever Ghibli movie, so when I saw the book, I HAD to get it! Unfortunately, the reading level was a bit higher than I had expected, so I can't really read it....but that's what kanji dictionaries are for!! XD I'm really excited to read this eventually!! 



Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

I didn't really think about this book series when I was collecting my Harry Potter books....I LOVE Percy Jackson....so why am I not collecting all the languages of this series as well?!?! So this is the first book (which is gorgeous) So I picked up the first book for cheap and now I'm on the hunt for other languages in this series as well!! The reading level for this series is higher than I thought it would be, (it's not as accessible as Harry Potter is, which I found to be odd) but like I said earlier, that's what kanji dictionaries are for!!

 Popteen Magazine

 My guilty pleasure magazine. It's so pastel and colorful! It really inspires me to make cute outfits and it really influences my make up as well. I really enjoy this magazine!!


Kera magazine


My all time favorite magazine! I love Gothic Lolita fashion and this magazine is awesome! I really love the lay out and the styling. I tend to read the Gothic Lolita Bible more, but it's really hard to spend the money on it because it's so expensive.  Kera is cheap and just as nice. ^^v


non-no Magazine

This is my less guilty pleasure fashion-y magazines that I really enjoy.  It still has a youthful style without being meant for young teens (like Popteen is).  This magazine also really inspires my fashion and my outfits. I love the styling and all of the spreads in this magazine! Hands down, one of my favorites!


So that's every thing that I got, book-wise, from Japan! I got a LOT of stuff while I was there, but these were just the bookish things I purchased.  I'm really happy with all of the things I got and I'm really happy to be home so that I can read them! XD But alas, school starts soon and I don't really have much time to do anything....#senioryear #aintnobodygottimeforanything 

I don't have much of a wrap up, so I'm just going to skip that...I am under on my reading challenge as well, but I'm not too worried about that. ^^v 

Until next time!~

No comments:

Post a Comment