Translate

Tuesday, June 30, 2015

June Wrap Up 2015



Hey, so it's my last wrap up until I get home in August! I can't believe I leave for Japan in about 5 hours....It's crazy!!  I ended up reading 7 books this month.....I have no idea how that happened...but I did!! I did read 4 little books this month...but I read a few chunkers as well, so let's get started!!


Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass) by Sarah J. Maas: 5/5 Stars
I really loved this book. At first I had a really hard time getting into it, but once I got into this world again, it felt like I was surrounded by old friends in a familiar place. So much happened and I'm nervous as hell for the 4th book Queen of Shadows in September (I believe it comes out in September....XD). Some serious shit is about to go down. I'm so excited. XD


Lucinda's Secret by Holly Black (Spiderwick Chronicles): 4/5 Stars
I finally decided to finish off this series, so I started off with this one. I enjoyed it, but I still wish I had read it when I was younger...Not really too much to say about it. XD

The Ironwood Tree by Holly Black: 3.5/5 Stars
I thought this was the weakest of the 5 books. I thought it didn't really accomplish anything until the end. Again, nothing to really say.

   The Wrath of Mulgarath by Holly Black: 4/5 Stars
And then I finished the last book. I thought it was a pretty solid ending to a pretty solid children's series. All in all, I did really enjoy this series!

A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas: 4.5/5 Stars
After having finished Heir of Fire, I needed some more Sarah J. Maas. I knew this book was going to be more like a paranormal/fantasy/romance book, and I knew that was just what I needed. It was exactly what I needed, and I flew through this book.  I liked the characters and the really strong world building.  That being said, I had a few problems with it.  The last 100 or so pages were boring as hell...And then there was a point in the ending and I just looked at the book like...seriously? But I was able to overlook it all because it was addicting...Super addicting.

Dragon's Nest (Dragons of Deltora) by Emily Rodda: 4/5 Stars
I really wanted to get these books done and over with. I really have a lot of problems with these books...but I'm in too deep and I need to finish them (plus I own them all anyways).  This is the first book in the second companion series to Deltora Quest.  I thought the book was ok. Nothing really to write home about. I still have a problem with the age of the characters. The characters are older (Leif is 18ish) and they make the same kinds of choices and have the same types of conversations an 8-12 year old would have. If the characters were those ages, it would have made more sense...but they aren't...and it's weird.     






To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: 5/5 Stars

I really REALLY enjoyed this book. It was the right book at the right time. I really don't like contemporary, but I thought this book was cute and fluffy and I really did like the relationship between the sisters.  I thought Lara Jean was cute in a quirky way (Ha) and I enjoyed her innocence.  I really liked how easy this book was to read and get into. 

And that's all I've read this month!  I am 105 pages into P.S. I Still Love You by Jenny Han and I'm enjoying it, just not as much as the first one.  I'm going to be posting what books I'm taking to Japan next. See you there!

Bye!  

No comments:

Post a Comment