Translate

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Throne of Glass~ The REVIEW!!~~


Synopsis: Throne of Glass is about an assassin named Celaena Sardothien. She has been sent to the salt mines, a prison, for her crimes until she is freed by the crowned prince to fight in a competition tobecome the King's Champion.  The world has lost its magic and is now filled with corruption, dangers and a new threat. As something starts to kill off her competitors, Celaena has to find out who is killing everyone while fighting to win her freedom.

I. Loved. This. Book. I devoured it. I had first heard about this book on Regan's Youtube Channel PeruseProject. She raved about this book so much...I needed it....So when my Japanese club went to Chicago for a trip, I looked frantically for a Barnes and Noble. I was sad that I had to wait as long as I did to read it, but it was totally worth it. It was a page turner and had my interest from the first sentence. The characters are so interesting and Celaena is hilarious!! She is my spirit animal. Like if I was athletic, we'd be the same person. Both sarcastic, love to read, love frilly clothes and have the same eye and hair color. Also, we think a lot of the same things. In one part she mentions skinning a guy and I remember thinking, "Oh my gosh!!! I've threatened someone with that!!" (and now you all are probably scared...oh well..I'm a violent person. XD I just don't follow through with it. Haha)

The world that Sarah J Maas has created is really fantastic. I love all of it. It actually kind of felt...homey to me. Is that weird? Probably. I just love everything about this book. The love triangle in this book is also fantastic. It's not one of those in your face kind of things, which I usually find kind of annoying. I love the interaction between the characters in the triangle as well. 

I guess this book was mostly world building..which in retrospect, it was. But I loved the world, so I guess I didn't really notice it too much. The second book, Crown of Midnight, which I have coming in the mail, is supposed to be even better than this book......I CAN'T WAIT!!!! Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! Also, I heard that this is supposed to be a seven book series...wow my gosh....I'm so excite!!!!

I give this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads
Well, until next time!~ Probably with my January wrap-up!
Tootles!~ <3 

Goodreads:  https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-moriah
Regan's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeruseProject

Boop!

No comments:

Post a Comment