Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

December/January Book Haul

Hello again!! Two posts in one day....Dang!! I'm on fire! XD So I finally was able to go book shopping with my grandpa, so I have my book haul for December and January (Decemuary? Decembuary?? Haha!). I had a really hard time finding the books that I wanted....It seems that because I'm so far behind with everything that's popular, I can't find them anymore....I was really sad and frustrated by that...But, I did find some books that I needed to finish series and books that I just wanted in general. ^^ It was a good book buying day anyways~



I have been watching a LOT of Booktube videos on Youtube, and I get especially excited when I see Regan from Peruse Project has posted a video. I have been really craving some good fantasy. If you have watched her channel, at all, you would know she is OBSESSED with the Codex Alera Series by Jim Butcher. This is the first book in the series, Furies of Calderon. So when I was at Half Price Books, and I saw that they had them there, I grabbed all 4 of them (I didn't realize there was 6 of them though......so...boo me....). But EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so excite! XD




This was one of the two books I got in December. I was at a thrift store with my mom waiting for my orthodontist appointment to start and I found a used copy of The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan and I "squee'd" out loud. XD Hahaha! I only have the last book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series, so yay!~ Go me!! *self high five*


 And this was the second book I found! The Sea of Monsters! EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!! 'Nuff said.


Book two in the Codex Alera series!~ Academ's Fury <3 <3 <3


Book 4, Captain's Fury!~ Codex Alera!! Whoop whoop! I thought I was done though......I's smert.


Book 3, Cursor's Fury (.....I know I know...it's out of order.....but I'm too lazy to rearrange it....XP)


Book three in the Song of Ice and Fire series!~ A Storm of Swords by George R. R. Martin. Weeeee!! I have only read A Game of Thrones, so I need to get to gettin'.


And then I found book 4, A Feast for Crows! Yay!! I just need the 5th one. They didn't have it at Half Price Books.


I didn't really plan on picking this book up. This is The Warrior Heir by Cinda Williams Chima. I know Regan touched on this series a little bit, so when I saw it at Barns and Noble, I thought, "Oh, Regan talked about that book". Then I saw the "Autographed Copy" sticker and I was like, *snatch* "My book." XD So yay!! Another fantasy series for my 2014 challenge!~



This WAS one of the books I planned on picking up!~ The Demon King by Cinda Williams Chima. Regan loves this series as well, and the cover was really cool in person, so I picked it up!!!


And ANOTHER book Regan likes. Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson. I HATE THIS COVER THOUGH!!!!! It's such a stereotypical fantasy book cover......UGH!!! I really like the white ones she has......argh....But Regan raves about this series and I want to try it out as well! (revision: I still like the white UK covers, but these cover have grown on me. I now LOVE crappy fantasy covers. Just saying)

I noticed in the car as I was going through my books that I had gotten and I noticed that I was missing two books from the Codex Alera series....I was soooooo annoyed!! But then BOOM! There it was in hardcover, at the Goodwill down the street from Half Price Books...What are the chances?!  Book 6, First Lord's Fury. I "Eeeee'd" out loud and scared a customer. XD My grandpa, who doesn't read, was like, "Is that one of the books you are missing? How cool is that!?" I was shocked he even recognized it. XD Yes, I am a bit annoyed that it doesn't match my other paperbacks and yeah, I still need the 5th one...but YAY! There is nothing like randomly finding a book you need when you least expect it!~ ^^


And this....Lover Unleashed by J. R. Ward. I did not expect to buy this. I can never find this book, in hardcover, EVER. So I found it at Half Price Books and was very happy. They had the other two books there I needed, but I was so excited that I had found this, I didn't pick up the other two......................I'M SUCH A DOOFUS!!!!!!!!! *face table*



That's all I have!~ I spent about $40 on all the books I got, which is AWESOME!! 13 books....wow. I think I'm going to put the rest in the bank and order the ones I couldn't find off Amazon.com......Mer.....Oh well......I need them, and I don't want to hunt for them...Rawr. You all can expect reviews on these books as soon as I get them read. I will talk to you all later!~ Hugs and kisses!~

My Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-moriah
Regan's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeruseProject

No comments:

Post a Comment