Translate

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

I was bad...MASSIVE June Book Haul 2014

So, I have been hella thrifting lately, and in doing that, I have acquired a lot of books.....oops......XD A lot of the books are from Goodwill. Some are from our annual flea market and the rest are from Half Price Books (which isn't really thrifting, but it IS second hand). So let's do this thing!!


The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan: I have never really read an Amy Tan book before, but I am really trying to read more books that have different cultures than mine. I am an Asian Studies Major, so what a better book to read. XD

 
I've Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella: This will be my second Sophie Kinsella book, and I am kind of excited for it. It sounds like it is going to be a hilarious mess!! I need some hilariously messy book. ^^ It's a nice break from my complicated dystopians and fantasy books.



The Ear, The Eye and the Arm by Nancy Farmer: This book had been plaguing me for weeks. Always in the wrong spot...I always had to move it. So I finally picked it up to see what it really was. Nancy Farmer? She wrote a book Regan from Peruse Project loves. Futuristic Zimbabwe? Uh.....yes please!! This book is beautiful and full of mythology...All of the hot shapes!! 



The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafon: This book has been floating around the interwebs a bit and I just saw that I recognized the title and put it in my shopping basket. It looks like it is going to be a good book. Hopefully a bit suspenseful!~



Pirate Latitudes by Michael Crichton: I...don't really know why I bought this book....Something new? I like pirates and I have heard Michael Crichton's books are really good. Also, this book reminded me of Erika from The Perks of Books. I don't know if she's read it, but I just thought of her when I saw it. ^^




Black Star, Bright Dawn by Scott O'Dell: This was my favorite book by Scott O'Dell. I have always had an obsession with Huskies, Eskimo culture and the Iditarod, and I could never find this book in any library when I was younger. They had to send for it...and I devoured it. I am currently reading this now and loving it!! It's beautiful!~




Sing Down the Moon by Scott O'Dell: I don't remember if I read this book. I also love Native American culture and I'm sure I will love this book. This seems a lot darker than the other books I have read by him, so I am totally intrigued.





The Titan's Curse by Rick Riordan: I have book three now!! Slowly getting the rest of the series!! Found this one at Goodwill and it was in really good condition, so I was very happy to have it. ^-^


Magyk by Septimus Heap: Another book from Connor's channel. I don't know what it's about, but I know it is fantasy!!! Yay!!




To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han: I thought the premise of this book was hilarious, but it wasn't really my cup of tea. I am not a huge fan of contemporary books...but I saw it at Half Price and decided that I wanted it. So it was totally an impulse buy. XD


Graceling by Kristn Cashore: This is a book I have been lusting over for a long time, and I could never find it at Half Price. But this time I just happened to look up and there it was! Yey!!


Mr. Popper's Penguins: This used to be one of my favorite books when I was little. I also have an obsession with penguins...and it's probably because of this book....XD Well it helped at least. XD $1.99...I couldn't resist. Plus I'm have been wanting to read books from my childhood lately, so I thought this fit in perfectly!




The Girl of Fire and Thorns by Rae Carson: Another book I had been lusting over for a long time and always hear Regan talking about and could never find it. Well I found it!! Totally randomly!!! I was so excited I squealed!




Daughter of Smoke and Bone: Again another book I have been lusting over for a long time and finally found! $4.99!! Yay!!! It's brand spanking new, but it has this weird scuff on it, which is why I think it ended up at Half Price, but it doesn't bother me any! So excited!




The Battle of the Labyrinth by Rick Riordan: Oh yeah! I finished my collection!! XD I was so excited when I saw this for cheap at Half Price! Now I have them all!!! Horray!!! I want to re read this series again sometime soon...I don't know when, but soon. ^^




Can You Keep a Secret by Sophie Kinsella: I have already read this book a long time ago, but for some reason, I gave it up. I don't know why because I really liked it. I found it at a rummage sale for 50 cents and decided to put it back in my collection. I do want to read it again at some point..probably this summer. XD 


Well, those are all the books I got so far. I am going to try and read more than I buy...actually I'm going to try and not buy any books at all...it's going to be really hard, but I'm not going to buy any more for a while. A.) because I have no more room in my book shelves and B.) I need to save my money. That's all for now, so bye!! 

Erika's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/ThePerksOfBooks/featured
Regan's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeruseProject/featured
Connor's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NodinBookinIt/featured

No comments:

Post a Comment