Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

May Wrap Up 2014

May was a pretty slow month for me. One of the books I was reading was kind of slow (which I will talk about later) and we had to put another sick cat to sleep. That was rough....but enough about that. Let's get on to the very short wrap up! I read two books! XD


The first book I finished was A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony. This book was lent to me by a friend of mine who is in love with this series. He's been trying to get me to read it for FOREVER, so I finally read it, and if you haven't read my review on it, I loved it. ^^ I literally (like just a few minutes ago) ordered this book for my own collection. I don't know if I hauled it, but I have the second one as well. XD Yay!!



Then as soon as I finished Chameleon, I wanted some Sanderson. I had heard a lot about The Well of Ascension from Regan at Peruse Project and Connor from Connor O'Brien, so I decided that was all the push I needed to read the second book. They both raved that it was better than the first one, but I have to disagree with both of them. I'm not going to do a full review of it, because it is the second book in a series, so I'll just share my thoughts here (especially because this is a small wrap up anyways). I thought there was way too much politics and not enough action. The last 100 pages though....holy hell, those were intense. I hated that I had to wait that long for action to happen...This is also book 8/10 in my fantasy book challenge! Yay!!

Well that's all that happened this month. It's not much, but I do still feel like I accomplished quite a bit (especially because I finished the Sanderson book 1/2 an hour before midnight XD)! Next up is my TBR!~ I'll see you then!!

Regan's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/PeruseProject
Connor's channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/NodinBookinIt

No comments:

Post a Comment