Translate

Monday, June 2, 2014

May Book Haul

So, I did get some books in May...All of them were from Goodwill, so that's good. I am actually really excited about the books I found (well obviously...I bought them. XD).


The Dark Hills Divide by Patrick Carman: I had first heard about this series from Cat's channel, Little Book Owl a couple of months ago. She raved about the series soooo much and I thought it sounded interesting. THEN I found it at Goodwill the day after I saw one of her videos about it, and I was like, YES PLEASE! So now it's mine. Though, I do think the cover is a bit creepy.......just saying.


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead: I FOUND THIS!!! I have been wanting to read this series for a while, but I could never find the first book at a discounted price..or at all...I found it at work...for 87 cents...Can you say f'yeah!!?? I sure did! I squeed when I found this. I don't know when I'm going to get to it, but I am excited to!!


Wake by Lisa Mcmann: I actually just finished this book yesterday and I enjoyed it very much. I had heard of the author and the book, but I haven't really heard anyone talk about it too much. I decided why not and brought it home. I wanted a quick and uncomplicated read, and devoured this book in a day. But more about that in my wrap up for June. XD


Wildwood Dancing by Juilet Marillier: I have been lusting over this cover for a while. It was one of the first books I added to my 'to read' list on Goodreads. I found it at my Goodwill and well, you know what happened. XD This. Cover. Is sooooooooooo much prettier. In person. It's soooooooooooooo beautiful!! It has so many different things on the cover to look at. Creatures, intricate designs on clothing and the animals....beautiful. Almost like a Baroque/Rococo painting...It's gorgeous.


Tithe by Holly Black: I have been wanting to try a Holly Black book for some time. I had heard of this series, but I haven't heard a lot about it. So when I saw that the spine said Black and had a name I kind of recognized, I was pretty excited. THEN I saw this:


 Well, those are all the books I got in May (at least I think that's all of them...oh well XD). I have two book reviews, my May wrap up and my June TBR yet to post. Hopefully I'll get those done today. Hope to see you then!! 



 Cat's Booktube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBookOwl

No comments:

Post a Comment