Translate

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

...City of Bones....A Review....Yay.....



*A note from the reviewer* I am probably going to cuss a lot during this review....I have some very strong feels about this book...If you are offended easily with vulgarity, I would suggest you skip this review...

When Clay Fray heads out to the Pandemonium Club in New York City, she hardly expects to witness a murder. Much less a murder committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings. This is Clary's first meeting with the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demons-and keep the odd werewolves and vampires in line. It's also her first meeting with gorgeous, golden-haired Jace. Within twenty-four hours Clary is pulled into Jace's world with a vengeance, when her mother disappears and Clary herself is attacked by a demon. But why would demons be interested in an ordinary mundane like Clary? And how did she suddenly get the Sight? The Shadowhunters would like to know....

*1.5/5 stars* 

I bloody hated this book.  I wanted sooooooooooooooo much to like this....but I didn't.....I hardly ever consider abandoning books before I finish them...but I thought about it...many times....and in full truth, I didn't actually read all of it.....I skimmed the last few pages of the last chapter and skipped the epilogue...I just couldn't do it anymore. I wanted to bang my head against a wall.....-_____-''' I had first heard about this book from Whittynovel's channel on Youtube. She raves about the series, has Jace's ring around her neck and is pretty much in love with the dude. I trust Whitney's likes, so I decided to read it....I am so sad I was disappointed....(she is a fantastic Youtuber though. Just saying).

I hate hate hate Clary...I despise her name, I loathe how she acts like she knows what's going on even though she's just being introduced to this world that she didn't know existed...she also just says dumb things....Jace was ok...but I wasn't really impressed. I liked him mostly because he was mean to Clary...and then he started to be nice to her...and the end.....-______- No....just.....no.....I would like to pretend the last couple of chapters of this book didn't happen.

I also hated how everyone just kind of seemed to accept situations that would shatter just about anyone's ideals of how things work. "Ehermahgerd, my mummy has been kidnapped!! I'm mad and sad and OH LOOK A CUTE BOY!!!! Holy shiz demons! I'm mad, I'm sad....I totally know about Shadowhunters even though I have never heard of them before...Also I can contribute to conversations about things I don't understand." GAH!!! SHUT UP!!! JESUS BALLS!! JUST SHUT UP!!! Also, I feel like characters freaked out about things that weren't even that bad. 

"Holy shit balls!! DEMONS ARE REAL!?!?!?" 
"Yeah, they are." 
"Oh, ok."

"Um...is Alec gay?"
*everyone freaks the fuck out*

I laughed at things that weren't funny, and literally face palmed my way though this book....I'm surprised that I don't have permanent red hand marks on my face.......I dreaded picking up this book...I knew I had to finish it, but I was like, "...merrr....do I have to???" It was like I was high school again forcing my way through assigned readings.....

My favorite part of this book....was a little pointless conversation in a diner when Jace says his new detective name is going to be "Hotschaft Von Hugenstein (194)."  I lol'd hard core.....It wasn't even important to the feckin story!!! >_____<

Needless to say, I will NOT be finishing this series.....I liked the concept...I liked the magical elements....but the execution....not my favorite....Please, if you have read this...and you liked it, PLEASE!!! I IMPLORE YOU!!! WHY DID YOU LIKE THIS!?!?! I seriously want to know. I am very curious about your thoughts on this book/series.

That's all....I'm currently struggling though another not so wonderful book....-_____- Ugh....Anyways...bye for now....Momo

Whitney's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WhittyNovels

Not even Tulsi Sweet Rose Tea could make this book better...

No comments:

Post a Comment