Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Feeling Guilty...Book Abandonment Issues...

So...As you may or may not know, I am reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare, and I'm not at all enjoying it...I pretty much despise it with all my being...It's random, the characters don't feel real, I can't connect to their emotions..at all...And after asking my friends what they thought of the series...and none of them have finished it...Everyone disliked it. So I'm thinking of abandoning it....Which is something I NEVER do....I think, in my entire life, I have given up....2 or 3 books....And I have been reading since I knew what books were. Usually, If I'm not digging a book, I put it down and come back to it later, but this book.....I really don't think that's going to be a thing...

I feel really guilty for wanting to abandon it....Like I couldn't properly give it a chance and like, in a way, I'm telling the author that their book was so bad it wasn't worth my time to finish it. Even though Cassandra Clare will probably never read this blog post, I still feel like I'm dissing her. -____-''

Do you guys feel this guilty about not finishing books, or is it just me? I think I take reading a bit too personal sometimes...I'm kind of weird that way. ^^'' Oh well.

Perhaps I will put it aside and try again...Or I will just give it to someone else...We'll see.

Are there any books you guys have been so frustrated with that you just abandoned it? Let me know in the comments!~ I curious!! ^^

Until next time!~ XXX

No comments:

Post a Comment