Translate

Tuesday, February 25, 2014

...So much for the book buying ban...February book haul

So...I ended up buying more books....I know...I know...I said I wasn't going to...but....books..... -___-'' So I have 6 books to show you (one was discounted and the others were second hand).


Eragon by Christopher Paolini: I had heard good things about this book, but I heard the rest of the series was shit...They had the...second (?) book at Goodwill, but I didn't even bother. I love the matte texture of this cover. It's so..touchable! XD And it's a floppy soft cover, so yay!! It also had a bookmark in it, so win!!


The Amulet of Samarkand by Jonathan Stroud: I have seen this book everywhere...but honestly, the little orc-ish/goblin dude on the cover creeped me out. But then I found this one while I was waiting for my friend to get out of the bathroom, so I snatched it up!~ She said she loved this series, so I'm excited to start it eventually!


The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley: I had seen this book before at Goodwill, but I didn't know what it was, so I always passed it up. Then I saw Regan's 2014 bookish resolution and I'm pretty sure this book was on her list. I figured, why not, and put it on my stack of books. It is pretty damaged, and has some sort of water stain on it which has made the pages all crinkly...but I don't mind. I like the way the pages sound. ^^''


Beyonders- A World Without Heroes by Brandon Mull: My home town is stupid....there are no bookstores.....But we finally got a Books-A-Million about 30 minutes away (woot). So I was looking for Shatter Me, but they didn't have it...So somehow, I ended up with the first book in the Beyonders trilogy by Brandon Mull. It is a middle grade fantasy book that sounded pretty interesting, and it has a blurb by Rick Riordan, so I thought, 'meh, why not," and got it for a discounted price!~ Weeee!


So that's it for this haul. I don't plan on buying anything for quite some time (probably...). I will have my February wrap-up posted soon and my March TBR soon to follow. I'm still reading A Clash of Kings, but because I've been sick and not very mobile, I have been able to get a good chunk of it read. Until next time my lovey cakes! Tootles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment