Translate

Sunday, February 2, 2014

Mistborn! A Review!


Mistborn (The Final Empire) by Brandon Sanderson

Once, a hero arose to save the world. A young man with a mysterious heritage courageously challenged the darkness that strangled the land.

He failed.

For a thousand years since, the world has been a wasteland of ash and mist ruled by the immortal emperor known as the Lord Ruler. Every revolt has failed miserably.

Yet somehow, hope survives. Hope that dares to dream of ending the empire and even the Lord Ruler himself. A new kind of uprising is being planned, one built around the ultimate caper, one that depends on the cunning of a brilliant criminal mastermind and the determination of an unlikely heroine, a street urchin who must learn to master Allomancy, the power of a Mistborn.

*5/5 Stars*


This book was bloody fantastic!! I could not put it down...even to sleep (sleep is for mortals anyway, lol). The book was fast paced, full of action, and the characters are fantastic. I loved each and every one of them. And the Lord Ruler! What a bad ass!!! XD There were so many twists and turns and just when I thought I had things figured out, BOOM!!! Another twist!! It was insane!! And the world!!! Wow my gosh!! Fan-friggen-tastic. And the magic!!!! LOVED IT!!! I felt like everything was well explained and rarely did I have to look in the back of the book for a quick reference.

I really liked the magical elements to this story. It's so different from other magical books I have read. The magic in this world is called Allomancy. You use it by burning metals in your body. Some make you alter people's emotions, some make you stronger while others help you fly by pushing and pulling on metals. So brilliant.

Character wise, I loved Vin, the street urchin. I think she's a wonderful character. She was very complex and I actually loved her battle between being the street urchin she's always been and the noblewoman she's pretending to be. Also, Kelsier is a fantastic character. Sometimes he really got on my nerves, but he's a great comic relief. The other characters of the crew are fantastic as well. I just....all the love. Lord Elend Venture is pretty awesome too~ I love how we really don't know his full intentions or feels through the book.

This book made me laugh, cry, yell, face palm, and gave me all the feels. I was shocked and surprised so many times! Brandon Sanderson is a fantastic author, and I need to read more of his books!! I NEED THEM!!!! I do have all of the series (I just haven't hauled them yet) and I am very excited to see how the rest of the books go!

Well, that's all for now!~ Until next time my loveys!~ Tootles!!

No comments:

Post a Comment