Translate

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Crown of Midnight--A Reveiw! And a fangirlgasm *NO SPOILERS*



NO SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!

From the throne of glass rules a king with a fist of iron and a soul black as pitch.  Assassin Celaena Sardothein won a brutal contest to become his Champion. Yet Celaena is far from loyal to the crown. She hides her secret vigilantly; she knows that the man she serves is bent on evil.
     Keeping up the deadly charade becomes increasingly difficult when Celaena realizes she is not the only one seeking justice. As she tries to untangle the mysteries buried deep within the glass castle, her clostest relationships suffer. It seems no one is above questioning her allegiance-not the Crown Prince Dorian; not Chaol, the Captain of the Guard; not even her best friend, Nehemia, a foreign princess with a rebel heart.
     Then, one terrible night, the secrets they have all been keeping lead to an unspeakable tragedy. As Celaena's world shatters, she will be forced to give up the very thing most precious to her and decide once and for all where her true loyalties lie...and whom she is ultimately willing to fight for.


*5/5 Stars*

 This book......Holy shit.....This book.........I laughed, I cussed, I squee'd and face-palmed soooooooooooo many times. This book was so good, and so many things went down! Secrets and truths came out and a romance came into fruition~ So many good feels!! And then tragedy strikes and shit hits the fan.........and I just read it all with my jaw dropped. Like literally, my jaw was on the floor....the whole time. Holy shit balls.....The things that happen.......And the mysteries and secrets!! Let me just say, "OoO."

The characters, like always, are bloody brilliant. The character development just gets better and better. As secrets become known, we get a deeper understanding of our characters and how complex they are. I live for the characters in this book. I love every single one of them and I love hating the ones I'm supposed to hate. I'm super curious as to what happens to them next.

There wasn't as much world building in this book, but there was a lot more lore. We learn more about Elena and Gavin, heritage of the royal family, magic, the witches and the Fae. I love that we are finally getting more of a glimpse into the fantasy and the magical elements of this world and this series. We got a small taste of it in the first book, but the second one......All the magics!

So I made a post a couple of days ago fangirling about this series and how the next book, Heir of Fire, is coming out in September. After having finished this book.................................................Can't we just skip all those months and get to September already?!?!?!?! AHHHHHHHHHHH!!! I need it now...........T^T Why do the gods hate me so?! -3- (<---that's a sigh/pbbhhh face) I don't think I can handle the wait.....I pray to the book gods that I can get an ARC (advance reader's copy) so I have it...and then I can buy the finished copy because OBSESSION. O-O (lol)

Well....that's all for now. I really hope those who haven't read this series......DO IT. DO IT NOW!!!! I will find you and force it into your brain and eye spaces! >____< READ IT! 

Update: I have read 4/10 for my fantasy books challenge!! And I have read 6/25 books for my book reading challenge!! I'm so proud of me!

I will see you all tomorrow with my Friday reads!~ Until next tomorrow!~ Jus!

No comments:

Post a Comment