Translate

Friday, December 13, 2013

Blue Bloods! A review!!


 This series, guys, this series......I love it soooooooooooo much!!!! Blue Bloods by Melissa de la Cruz. It really doesn't get talked about a whole lot though...Which is very unfortunate. This is my second time reading this book, and it's even better the second time. I missed soooooooooooooooo many things!!! >___< I just got the 7th book not too long ago, but I couldn't really remember what happened, so I thought I'd reread the series.

Synopsis: Now...this book can be a bit hard to explain, so I'm going to quote the back of the book.

"Schulyer Van Alen has never fit in at Duchesne, her prestigious New York City private school. She prefers baggy, vintage clothes to the Prada and pearls worn by her classmates. But when she turns fifteen, Schulyer's life changes dramatically. The death of a popular schoolmate haunts her in unexpected ways. And strangest of all, Jack Force, the most popular boy in school, is showing a sudden interest in her.

Once an outcast, Schuyler is thrust into Manhattan's most exclusive social circle. Its members are the powerful, the wealthy, and-as Schuyler soon discovers-the unhuman. They are Blue Bloods, an ancient group of vampires, and for centuries they've been invincible. Now something is preying on this elite group, and Schuyler wants to find out the truth. But is she the most vulnerable of them all?"

There is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much going on in this book. There is Schuyler trying to survive at her private school, the death of a classmate, finding out she's a vampire, figuring out what's happening to her new vampire family and just so many things. There is action, mystery, and catty teenagers with supernatural powers. I'm not a huge fan of catty teenage high school problems...Honestly, things like that annoy the crap out of me. But the characters are so...interesting and fabulous...And Melissa de la Cruz just makes them all so wonderful!~ She is such a wonderful author. She makes you love to hate Mimi Force and her clones and her fabulous life and the conflicts within the story frustrate and make you curious as to how it's going to be resolved.

Also I LOVE that it's a totally new take on vampires. I don't really know if I want to spoil how they become vampires, but let's just say, I love it. It's very interesting, and it just makes the conflicts/battles that happen all the more interesting. I just...I don't even know what else to say about this book....it's just.....READ IT!!!!!

I gave it 5/5 on Goodreads. Love, love, love it!
 
My Goodreads account: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-moriah

Until next time my precious little dandelions!~

No comments:

Post a Comment