Translate

Monday, December 16, 2013

The Book Thief!~ A Review!~


I bought this book from my university bookstore on a whim. I had seen it many times on Youtube and it's one of Littlebookowl's favorite books. I thought that I'd give it a shot because I do enjoy Holocaust books...even though they are horribly depressing.

Synopsis: In 1939, Death is being kept busy by Nazi Germany. Death meets Liesel Meminger at her brother's grave and witnesses her steal a book, "The Grave Digger's Handbook." She ends up living with a foster family, where her foster father teaches her how to read. This starts her fascination with books and words. There are also many hardships during this time. Her family takes in a Jew, there is money shortages and bomb threats.

This book plays with all of your feelings...It really does. You fall in love with the characters right away. Mama and her cussing, Papa and his kindness, Liesel, Rudy (my favorite), and Max. Zusak's writing style makes you feel like you are there in Molching, on Himmel street, feeling the joys of childhood and the hardness of war. His style of writing is so interesting and colorful.  It was just really interesting and I really felt connected to everyone. And he is soooooo good with making you happy and content and then making you remember this is a WWII Holocaust book....Oh the tears. So sad. I REALLY want to see the movie...I bet it's amazing. If you don't mind the feels, or if you like books that give you the feels, READ THIS BOOK!!!! I really want to try some of Zusak's other books. I know one of them is I Am the Messenger. It looks really interesting.

I gave this book 5/5 stars on Goodreads
My goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6483377-moriah
Cat's Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/LittleBookOwl
Feel free to friend me!~

See ya next time my sweet little space butterflies~

No comments:

Post a Comment